Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ronnie

Veronica Mars Walking Out of My Life: That Veronica Mars. She never writes, she never calls. It’s like and Neptune dropped off the face of the Earth. (Don’t mind me, I’m still firmly entrenched in the denial stage of grief.) Seriously, I can’t (and won’t) argue that the third season of Veronica Mars is anywhere near as good as the first season. That doesn’t mean I didn’t love the show just as much as ever when Veronica turned her back to the camera and walked away from us forever. I miss her. I miss all of them. But, and I know I’m one of the few who feels this way, I’m glad we got the end that we did. I loved it. I felt it was a pitch perfect way to end the series. I don’t know that it would have been as perfect had Rob actually written it as an ending (though it’d be a challenge to convince me he didn’t believe, deep down, it was the end). That last shot of Veronica walking down the street in the rain as “It Never Rains in Southern California” plays in the background captures the heart of the show and, if I had to lose her, I’m glad the last image we got of Veronica was so iconically her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rampant Thoughts

My photo
Bay View, Wiscansin, United States
Don't judge the book by it's cover... It's not what you'll get...Trust me...

Blog Archive